Why Consider Studying in Canada
Canada, stretching from the U.S. in the south to the Arctic Circle in the north, is filled with vibrant cities including massive, multicultural Toronto; predominantly French-speaking Montreal and Quebec City; Vancouver and Halifax on the Pacific and Atlantic coasts, respectively; and Ottawa, the capital.
- Capital of Canada is Ottawa
- The main language of Canada is English
- Currency is Canadian Dollars
Education System in Canada
The institutions in Canada are Public Funded Colleges, Private Providers & Universities. Canadian institutions offer programs in diplomas, Advanced Diplomas, Bachelor degrees, Graduate & postgraduate diplomas, Masters (By coursework & Research), Doctorate.
What are the housing options available?
Canada puts forward three types of housing options for the international students:-
- Private Accommodations.
The Homestay helps the students to live with Canadian families and learn their culture. The dormitory provides reasonable accommodation for the students within the campus. Students who prefer to find their own accommodation can get their private accommodations with the help of newspapers or Real estate agents.
How much does Canada education cost?
Education cost in Canada is affordable. It varies according to the province. The fee structure is approximately 10000-13000 for the Diploma and 10000-14000 for Bachelors and approximately 11000-15000 for the Masters course.
Working Rights: – Canada provides work permit to students which allow them to work off campus after 6 months of commencement of their studies. The work permit, however, restricts the working hours to 20 hours a week during academic sessions. During extended vacations no restrictions are given.
Scholarships: – Canada provides a lot of merit based and institution based scholarship programs. Students who excel in their studies are awarded with these scholarships irrespective of their physical or financial conditions. Other criteria for the selection of students are based on their participation in extracurricular activities and outstanding athletic abilities. Academic scholarships, Athletic scholarships and scholarships for overseas or foreign students are the different types of scholarships offered in Canada.
Why study in Canada:
- Qualifications valued around the world – Canadian credentials will open doors for your future and benefit your career.
- Affordable education – Cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower in Canada than in other countries.
- Multicultural society – Canadians are known for being friendly, open and tolerant and Canada welcomes students from more than 200 ethnic origins.
- Healthy and safe communities – You’ll enjoy all of the freedoms which protect Canadians; respect for human rights, equality, and a stable and peaceful society.
- World-class language education – Teaching French and English as first and second languages is an integral part of Canada’s education.
- Exciting campus lifestyle – From wired libraries and Olympic-quality sports facilities, to public concert halls and art galleries, Canada’s post-secondary campuses offer you enormous possibilities to combine learning and leisure. Plus, there are many opportunities to meet like-minded individuals and gain valuable experience with student-run radio, newspapers, and businesses.
- Innovative and abundant research opportunities – Research is one of the key components of a Canadian education at the post-secondary level. You’re almost certain to have the opportunity to become part of this vibrant aspect of education. Government and industry support research in many fields, such as telecommunications, medicine, agriculture, computer technology and environmental science—research that is tied to advancing and applying knowledge.
- Land of possibilities – Canada will give you your chance. You will study and live in an environment that stimulates your creativity and intellect. Your life will be simplified so you can concentrate your efforts on your studies and the discovery of other cultures. Everything is done so that you can reach your full potential.
- Possibility of immigration – Some international students with Canadian credentials and Canadian work experience may apply for permanent residency without having to leave Canada.